Friday, March 4, 2011

Flaunt it Fridays Challenge


The challenge was to use the Matchbox found on page 123 of Bags, tags, boxes and more. Color me confused when I sat down to start this project and could not for the life of me figure out the out side. After doing a You tube video search come to find out Part of the box is one one page and part of the box was on another page. Now this was making a little more sense. I recommend when trying to maximize the size of the box to cut the top (sleeve, outside what ever you want tot call it) First as it takes more paper, is actually larger. At any rate the biggest cut I could get on a 12 x 12 mat was 6.29. After I cut the initial box all I could see was a shadow box so I ran with it. The dragon fly was cut from doodle charms at 1.35. The grass was cut from Plantin School book and I used both the positives and the negatives cut from 2 different papers are 1.43 and 1.67. The tree was cut 3 times and manually layered (forget what cart that come from but it was cut at 3.24. And the Monkey was from Create a Critter at 3.0. Again my Gypsy was invaluable. Oh ya pop dots, pop dots and more pop dots gave this project some wonderful depth.

I was so bummed out that I came down sick and did not get this entered in time. I thought I would share it just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment