Did freezer paper stencils with John and Emma this past weekend. The T-Shirts came out super cute. ( as does everything we do ) Anyway couple of lessons learned the hard way.
1) Freezer paper and wax paper ARE NOT THE SAME THING! You need freezer paper.
2) freezer paper sticks to the Cricut mat better if the shinny side is up. But when you iron with a Dry iron shinny side is down.
3) make sure your paints are well stirred and a little on the thicker side.
4) when doing names be sure you use the flip function on the Circut and you also need to spell the name backwards as well.
5) Freezer paper is pretty cheep so don't be afraid to experiment. I also use regular white printer paper when experimenting to get just the right size for other projects. However this method is not useful in setting cutting depth and pressure for different kinds of paper